Thursday, January 8, 2015

Real Magic

There are a few things in the world that can quite accurately be called magic. Typically I avoid using 'magic' when explaining things, but how else can I? Some things simply defy other description.
For example, today I was playing with my baby sister. I would tickle her belly and she would break out in the biggest peals of laughter anybody has ever heard. The sound of that laugh had the power to break through my sadness and make me smile. It was lovely.
Or the other day, when I climbed up in a tree and just sat there, looking down at the rest of the world. Everything looks different from up there. Time slows down, and suddenly everything is so much clearer. The little concerns that usually take up life seem so incredibly petty. The grand simplicity of life and what really matters are more evident from high up.
Another thing is just the power that holding hands or embracing have. I am not usually a huge fan of physical contact. Like, when people are hugging and touching and playing with hair I usually try to hide and pretend I am not there. It's grody. But sometimes the best way to fight loneliness or just express happiness is through being with people. I don't know why, but it is.
Anyway, I just want you all to enjoy life. I want you to be happy. I want you to notice how wonderful some of the simplest things in life really are. Keep watch for the little lovely things and  you will fall in love with life. Pinky promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment